Thursday, December 07, 2006

Doing Dishes By Hand



Ever since my dishwasher broke a couple of months ago, I've been forced to wash dishes by hand. When there are tons of them, I sure miss that machine. But it brings me back to a simpler time in my life when I stood at the window and looked out at the mountains across the field and thought deep thoughts about life and most likely uttered a simple prayer for people I know. The scripture in the Psalms would come to mind about looking to the hills from whence cometh my help and my help coming from the Lord.

I uttered a prayer for the Kim family again tonight. Words cannot be found to express the sadness and heartache I feel for that family. I pray God will sustain them and wrap them in His arms of love.

My oldest son Brendt (24 yrs.) brought me the dishes in the photo today, some stash he had from a yard sale this summer. There were some neat dishes in the two boxes he gave me; a belated birthday present for my birthday on Monday. I'm loving the one green and blue flowered glass-and the saucers were pfaltzgraff (sp?-don't have the umph to go to the kitchen to check spelling) and three saucers that say "Best China Property of New York City 1966 and 1967...not sure what that's about. Then there were pretty plates I'll use for Christmas cookie gifts. A really pretty plate I am going to hang somewhere (I'll send a photo when it's hung) and several neato glasses. I love anything that might have been thrifted-as most of us do...and these made me happy to do the dishes this evening...I had to share a picture.

Sleep tight and be thankful tonight...and please pray for someone you love. Goodnight. x0

No comments: