Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Labor Of Love


My 7 year old daughter Hope loves to create as much as I do and is always dreaming up something to make. (what she can do with a toilet paper tube)
Her latest whim has been to create tiny yarn braids, she makes them into book marks, bracelets and necklaces.
The past 2 days she was so busy creating and made 9 tiny braids for a sweet little friend in Virginia. These braids were to become a scarf with my help.
Yesterday I sat down for a nice break from carving with these colorful braids in my lap to sew them together as promised.
4 hours of hand sewing later and much shock at how long it took me, this is what it looked like.
Hope was so proud of her creation and I was so proud of her for seeing how special hand made gifts are, a true labor of love.
xo

No comments: