Monday, January 08, 2007

Winter's Nap Over!!














Well, my friends, it has been a fierce long time since I last posted. So much water under the bridge that I think I'll just pick up from here.

First of all, Happy New Year...belated...and I hope for nothing but the best for you all year long!

I would like to share a couple of way, way late photos of my Christmas decor. I love decorating...I think more than anything else. The feeling of standing back to see how it's coming together.

I imagine God doing the same thing as He was bringing forth the creation of earth and the universe around us in Genesis. The Bible says He would create something and when He saw how it turned out for the day He saw that it was good. That's what creating something does for me-the satisfaction of the thing created, the standing back and critiquing and the feeling in my heart that I've created something "good".

Hence my feelings upon finishing my Dining Room decor this past Christmas. The girls who attended my cookie swap really liked it and asked lots of questions about where I got this or that. Which led me to believe that I might be on to something and, who knows, may lead to a lucrative undertaking in the future.

I spent Christmas Eve baking my brains out...which for me was very domestically satisfying. Even though I stuck to a couple of kinds of drop cookies, Russian Tea Cakes and Bird Nest Cookies...oh yes-there were two pumpkin breads...it made for a very long day.

We spent Christmas Day at my sister-in-law's in Jersey. It was a nice holiday, but a very full one and I know I am not alone when I say that although you're sad it's over-you're glad at the same time and can't wait for the New Year to begin so you can just get on with life as usual already!

I tried not to make resolutions...but I would like to sew more clothing this year. I have been crocheting almost every night for a few weeks now. Totally enjoying every stitch!

I do think I will be creating some kind of new line of something...but it's in the works and I am in the thinking/finalization stage-picking the actual items before I begin working on anything. It WILL be fun though...and I'm looking forward to new ideas and avenues.

I also hope to get a handle on this terrible fibromyalgia-the ("no-clue-what-it-is") syndrome that stops life in its' tracks. I am so aggravated at how it has ruined years of my life and angry at the set-backs it has led to that I am determined to not let it get me down any longer. So much pain and no reason for it. No real discoveries that I can see. They just say exercise helps. So, if that's it, no matter how painful-I will exercise. It can't hurt anymore than it does. Right now it's my elbows, hips, neck, back and the bottoms of my feet (believe it or not!). Who knows where it will be tomorrow or next week. I don't care!! I am just tired as hell of it and just have to get up and keep on running! Enough said.

Today is my Mom's birthday. I called and talked to her for quite a while. She's in Illinois and I'm stuck here in New York, so we visit on the telly. She's my champion and I love her wisdom, encouragement and advice. She's a blessing and a gift from God. The Bible says in Proverbs 31 that the virtuous woman's children will rise up and call her blessed. My Mom is that woman. A blessed one! Happy Birthday Mommy!! Thanks for everything!



No comments: