Thursday, October 19, 2006

Another Productive Day...

When Helena and I started this blog it was really to get ourselves motivated and psyched about working on our "artistic" whims. It seems like I've been going through a bit of rearrangement on a personal level and with my creativity. While I haven't been "whim-ing" much, I have been in a state of preparing to whim. I'm in the process of simplifying (totally NOT easy!) so I can have only the most basic things to do-and when I accomplish that I will be free to whim whenever I want to. I hope this is not wishful thinking!

There are a plethora of unfinished tasks around here that have been in the "getaroundtuit" phase-waiting for that massive burst of energy to get me moving. Between "life" and this godawful fibromyalgia I've been accomplishing less and less the last couple of years. Dealing with pain each and every day is something I never had to think about and didn't understand. I never gave chronic pain much thought and now I'm forced to take each day as it comes and complete each project in the simplest, yet most efficient way possible. I have also decided that since this can't kill me, I must force myself to finish the things I've started, even if it takes me weeks.

My husband Dave is always telling me to know my limitations-which is very humbling for me. I really don't like limitations! At all!!! But I have to admit I need my energy to go into the necessary and not be stubborn about certain things and how they are done. So-on that note...I won't be making 5 dozen doughnuts for the Harvest Party this Sunday and I will be serving pizza and maybe a store bought cake at Lydia's sleepover party this Saturday night. But, I will get my house in order-just in time-for Sunday's Party.

I worked on my Living Room today and got it dusted and washed and vaccuumed and changed around and things sorted and tossed and put where they belong and even the freshly washed and dried-on-the-line-for-that-wonderful-sunny-day-aroma curtains hung. Yes, it took me most of the day...but that's done! I used to be able to conquer the whole house in one day...but now it's one room. Know my limitations (just reminding myself!)

Thanksgiving is held at my home. It's almost here (about 1 month-I need to count the days!) I have so many things that I want to do before the big feast-lists must be made! I am really a wonderful list-maker! Anyhow, that's my next big thing. I will try to know my limitations and only do what's necessary and not make so many types of dessert this year. Last year we had: 3 pumpkin pies, 2 upside-down apple pies (YUM!), 2 huge pans of bread pudding with two types of sauce, 2 chocolate cream pies, and 3 pecan pies. WHY??? I did have 21 people for dinner and then some more for dessert...but really! I love Thanksgiving though...I'll be sharing lots of recipes and the menu soon...I do have a Thanksgiving menu folder to keep my recipes in order and have planned what I'm making and the grocery list for it all. I've been purchasing things here and there to have ahead of time so the shopping doesn't have to be done all at once. I'm learning!

So today I did accomplish the Living Room and we almost finished my fence today. I'd like to decorate it for the party-and there is a scarecrow woman out there behind the fence who shall soon have a makeover and make her runway debut. I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as it stops raining and we can get out there to get her ready! Only the verticals on one and a half panels to go on the fence. The reason I'm going to really enjoy blogging is that it's keeping me motivated to finish the To-Do List and get the pictures posted to show. And maybe in all my doing I'll reach that point of simplicity I'm working towards!

No comments: