Monday, October 16, 2006

Sitting Up With The Birthday Girl

Lydia asked if she could stay awake until her birthday. At first I said no and then I thought what the heck??? Why not? She's homeschooled and she can sleep in. We are hosting an Egyptian-themed overnight party this Saturday night. She started a hieroglyphics poster today and we want to make some favors during the week too. So much for the whim!

We're also preparing a Harvest Party Fellowship for our church this Sunday afternoon. We've done this in the past when I was much younger and without fibromyalgia kicking my butt...so I'm moving slow this week. Lydia is a big help though and we should be able to pull it off! I shall take and post lots of pictures of each event to share in the fun and if I can figure out how to make a pyramid cake I'll be sure and share a picture of that! We want to make scarab candies somehow-maybe chocolate molds. This will require a trip to AC Moore. One year we held a birthday party for her with a Pirate theme...lots of fun! I'm sure we'll get a kick out of anyone who comes dressed up.

I took some time to start a Harvest Setting on my hutch/sideboard. As soon as I get it the way I want it I'll post a picture of that too. I think I'm way too much of a perfectionist though-I won't like it until I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel it-do you know what I'm talking about? I think I should have been a window decorator or museum curator-ooh la la-that's what I'm talkin' about!

Helena...down there in South Carolina...Happiest of Birthdays to you 7 minutes early! Hugs and All That!!! X0

No comments: