Monday, October 09, 2006

Helena's Whim Of The Week Musings

This is how the whim of the week came about for me......
I'm turning 39 in exactly 8 days and I'm having a midlife crisis of sorts.
I could call it coming to a "crossroads," but the term midlife crisis makes me laugh,
and I like to see the look on my husband's face-not that he believes me.
Don't worry, there are no cabana boys, convertibles, or enhancement surgeries in my future.
I find myself being drawn to different design styles and colors lately and feel a strong pull to follow that direction.
I have been very "cottagey" the past few years. Not to say that I don't swoon at the sight of chippy paint and white distressed furniture, but lately I have been drawn to "funky" more and more, such as fused glass, pottery, retro fabrics, outsider art and the list goes on and on.
Countless times lately Glenda and I have been finishing eachothers sentences about our emerging style and color changes, and this is where this blog was born and our upcoming website.
If only I could talk her into moving south and opening up a brick and mortar shop in Charleston with me. (hint hint) For now this will have to do and we'll just take it from here.
So, we raise our glasses to this new venture full of inspiration and excitement, knowing that
at times when the well is running dry, we will give eachother a nudge, and hopefully anyone else out there who needs one.
For now, I need to head to my studio, I feel a whim coming on and I have jewelry to create.
Until next time, stay inspired and thanks for reading~Helena

No comments: