Monday, October 09, 2006


Monday, Monday-Can't Trust That Day

Sitting down to my laptop for the moment before I begin my daily list. I’ve already had moments of insanity to start my day. I must admit that my house is not the set of “Leave it to Beaver”…at times it’s more like “Viva La Bam” or some other reality show without the yucky stuff…I’m talkin’ crazy house with mad, crazy scenarios!!!!!!!!!

Upon entering my 20 yr. old son’s room, he informs me that he has to be at work…umm…NOW!!!!! So the adrenaline begins to rush through my veins…because he’s not as worried about hurrying as I am. As I’m trying to rush him and we finally get in the car, he casually informs me that he cannot find his wallet, which, by the way, contains all the money he’s saving for his own car. GREAT!!! Another surge of early-morning adrenaline! I begin backtracking through his busy day yesterday. The last time he saw it was when he put gas in my husband’s truck in the afternoon. Usually (yes, this has happened before) we end up finding it right away, so I’m not worried-yet. After I dropped him off I went to look in my husband’s truck at the plant. No wallet. I call Dave to see if he found it and brought it inside with him. No again! Dang!! I think an early Christmas present will be a chain wallet like the truckers use…I hope to God when he finally marries and has kids he won’t come home to his wife and inform her he has lost them. She’ll have to keep them tied to him by his belt loops!

While all this is happening…I’m hoping and praying that I won’t run out of gas. I’m driving a ’93 Town and Country Minivan at the moment…well-it’s nice inside…leather interior-which I think smells so wonderful every time I get in it. It is old, but we bought it from an elderly woman who never beat on it of course. Alas, it does have some problems…my gas gauge doesn’t work AND the brakes (ABS) decide to stop working whenever they want to. I’m used to it now and have to really push hard with both feet when this happens. I’m told it’s the “Master Cylinder”…which means nothing to me, except that it sounds
like the sinister villain in a kid’s movie. Of course, no one carries it because they don’t even make them anymore. So, here’s the catch…do we go to the junkyard and get one from another car hoping it isn’t there because the sinister “Master Cylinder” quit on them too OR do we contact a dealer and hope it doesn’t cost a fortune-like more than what the dang car is worth???? Oh, I’d love the luxury of a new car, but the stinkin’ payments keep me far away! I live 70 miles or so north of NYC…the cost of insurance alone is criminal! Insurance-full coverage on a new car- is criminally insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to this morning…Well, so I’m having a Niagara Falls-worth of adrenaline rushes this morning…and I didn’t even get to sit with my morning coffee and wake up. Rush to get my son to work, stress about his missing wallet full of money (why isn’t it in the bank in his account?????) and the most icky of all is…THE GAS!!! I’m happy to report that I didn’t run out, I had to drive to Pennsylvania to get $10 worth. For some reason, I don’t mind getting out of the car in my husband’s huge flannel shirt and my sweats and pumping gas in public, but to walk the streets with a gas can dressed like that is just mortifying to me. Yes, I’ll admit I have vanity and pride and some more of the stuff the Bible informs me is wrong. So, while I’m pumping gas at Turkey Hill, I keep telling myself that Mother Teresa wouldn’t give a hoot what she looked like so I shouldn’t even bother to worry about what anyone is thinking about this orange-haired lady pumping gas in her pajamas.

It’s only 9 a.m. and already I feel as if I have been running from tigers in the jungle! Can I get a witness?????

As far as the day goes…I do want to work on my kitchen paint for a bit…I have decided that Jade Green is NOT the color for the kitchen. When I get it all together (yeah right!) I will share a “before and after” photo and you will see that my Kitchen and Dining Room are really all just one huge room! Yesterday I had a brainstorm equivalent to marriage in the Bible-are you ready? A loud voice from Heaven said to me, “and the two shall become one”. Not really, but those are the words I thought! My wonderful epiphany was…here goes…why have I always tried to keep them separate rooms when really they are one huge room with a counter top between them? In days past, there was a large, built-in cabinet, floor to ceiling, which blocked the view to the DR…but I took that out long ago to open it up yet, all the while keeping them separate in my mind…and always painting them two different colors…(I know my sentences run-on-a terrible fault I have-it’s more like thinking while writing.) Anyway…I’ve decided to go for it and paint the kitchen turquoise and hope it works since it’s one huge room anyway…the windows and décor can match and it really will be simpler.

As far as the WOW goes…I have some jewelry pieces in mind…maybe a broche or a pin or something to stick on a hat…we shall see! I’ve got ideas-sort of-jewelry-making is not quite my forte but I’ll give it a shot! I’ve only got public embarrassment to look forward to! You wouldn’t laugh at a stressed-out lady pumping gas in her PJ’s – would you???

And as I get ready to upload this post at 8:25 this evening...it turned out that my son Jordan found his wallet IN HIS ROOM IN ANOTHER PAIR OF PANTS!!! I am thankful for that. I did paint quite a bit as my whim led me to. I got company for awhile and continued painting-how rude! This happens to me quite a bit as you will see over time, visitors and interruptions-it's a wonder I can get anything done at all! But I just keep on keepin' on!

I did manage to take a couple of pics for play and to try to learn how to post pictures-so here goes!


I can't see the photo here-remember this is a test...so bear with me. I took some close-ups of my hydrangea I picked from my tree to dry.

Here's a picture of an old paint-by-numbers I bought long ago and forgot about and found again in my basement recently...it really looks nice in my DR and I'll get or make a frame for it and hang it for autumn. I had to stick this crow in it-he's sitting on the handle of a basket on my Kitchen table...I love playing with the camera! I hope this works!

No comments: