Friday, October 27, 2006

Fairy Christmas...to be...










Well, I promised the Fairy Christmas scans from a Country Living Christmas Magazine I've had since 2003 and for some reason found it this year. If I could figure out how to put the pictures within my post I would, but since I can't you'll have to simply enjoy their wonderful, colorful, magical goodness without my input.

I went to Wal-Mart for a bit today and did find some yummy ribbon! It so matches my Dining Room, which is the central point of my home and where I do most of my decorating. I cannot wait to get busy for this year. I usually have Thanksgiving here and like to decorate for Christmas by the third week in November so the family can enjoy it.

I have so many ideas from here and I'll be sure to share what I come up with. I have a Home Companion with Fairy ideas in it too...gotta go search my stacks of magazines for it and I'll share it too.

Yes, we each have our own tastes in magazines. I'm a lover of Country Home, Country Living, Home Companion and (why the heck did they stop publishing???) Victoria Magazine. And as for cooks, two of my favorite cooks (mostly because of their next-door neighbor personalities) are Paula Deen and Rachel Ray. Martha and Ina are wonderful cooks, but I don't feel welcome in their world...I feel more like an intruder...why? I'm not sure, but when I watch Paula, she makes me feel like she wants me there. No matter, I make about 5 of Martha's Mile High Lemon Pies a year...soooooooo good! I want to make Ina's coconut cupcakes-they look soooo yummy!! So, I'm not a non-fan of Martha and Ina, I simply feel like I need to be on my best behavior with them, where with Paula...if I slipped and said "aint" I wouldn't have to suck a lemon. I'm sorry...am I being fresh? Who cares what I think??? Just thought I'd share.

I'm going to attempt to cut out a tote this weekend and actually sew it...this will be an effort since I really want to go to an auction, but Lydia is spending the weekend with a friend in Glen Spey (so excited!) and I'll be a free bird. This is not a natural feeling for me, I am always taking care of someone around here and it will be weird to have no one to chat with while Dave's at work. BUT-I may as well get used to it. I just don't like being alone-I've been a busy Mom since I was 19...and I'm almost 45. Every day I've had someone with me. So, this is new-this empty nest thing.

Speaking of Lydia...she cried tonight because we (Dave and I) ate stuffed crabs. "The crabs were probably just swimming along and now they're dead." She didn't make us promise to never eat them again like she did when we ate buffalo. She was out of her mind with that...so we promised and I have never eaten it again. It's too expensive anyway. She's not really an animal activist and she doesn't even know what PETA is...she's just a sensitive little girl who loves animals and who hates that things have to die so we can live. So do I really, but crab tastes good and Dave tried to explain to her that it's really a shell with stuffing and probably imitation crab meat anyway. She's a sweet girl. Really. Lydia also pointed out this morning that the field below us was covered with frost and stated that the Frost Faeries flew over the fields and covered them with frost. Once a faerie lover, always a faerie lover. It's hard to get them out of your system!!!

Well, I'm gonna go do something, maybe cut out my tote or begin work on my newest whim...Kitchen in a Bag...for Christmas...it's a brainstorm, but I thought it would be fun nonetheless...I'll keep ya' posted! x0

No comments: