Wednesday, October 25, 2006








Recovery

Rats! I had this whole topic typed out and lost it while uploading photos. I'll try to recover my Recovery post-but I'm sure since it's much later in the evening I'm losing some of my vim.

What a weekend! It's taken me this long to be able to really communicate clearly without my fibro fatigue-I didn't want to ramble on and bore you to death.

Let's see, the birthday party for Lydia was a success. I was informed by several young ladies that they had a great time. They tried to sleep in the living room while watching "The Mummy" but heard noises that kept them awake until 2 a.m. (at which point I got up and told them they must go to sleep!)


Sunday morning it was rise and shine to prepare my house for 2 churches worth of fellowship and friends for our Harvest Party. It was the first one I've done in several years but I do think it was a success. The smiles on everyone's faces and their gracious comments were confirmation that indeed there was a great time had by young and old alike.

We asked everyone to bring a covered dish and drinks for their families. We had lasagna, chicken, chili con carne with rice, shredded cheddar and sour cream, hot dogs, Jiffy corn and Butter cup squash (made by my hubby Dave.) For dessert we had cherry, apple and pumpkin pies, fudgy brownies, apple crisp, 5 dozen apple cider donuts made by a local orchard, smores for the bonfire and ice cream.

Not one crumb was left.

By day, David had 5 rounds of hay rides through the woods and in the field below the house. When dusk arrived the bonfire was lit by the teens (after their football game.) I'm sure that the children that left here all fell asleep in the car on their way home. They sure did play hard!

We had a game for the little ones that required eating a donut hung on the clothesline by a string with your hands behind your back. Pictures above!

The opening picture is what I had displayed on my hutch/sideboard. Milk pumpkins, a hubbard squash, regular pumpkins and little squash that look like pumpkins. They were purchased at Novak's farm a couple of weeks ago. The picture behind the pumpkins (I tried to make it look like it was a farm in the distance) is a paint-by-numbers painting that I forgot I had purchased up the road at a little clutter shop called "Ruth's Place"...someday I'm gonna open one...(*dream*)...

Anyhow-I was playing with the macro option on my camera and thought I'd share it.

As for the WOW...we are winging it this week...due to tired bodies, Helena from her trip and me from having too much fun!!! I am whimming on my studio...since I got the painting finished on Saturday morning...I can go in there and hope to get an epiphany as I wonder where I'm going to put all my "necessaries".

Helena and I have decided to do a "Studio Swap" for November 3rd...we're to pick 10 items from our own studios that we think the other will use. We'll keep you posted!!

Anyone reading our blog is welcome to leave comments...we'd love to know what "whims" you're working on!

X0 Glenda

No comments: