Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Carved Little Trees




Phew, I met my deadline on Grapevine Hollow and Halloween has come and gone, pumpkin seeds have been roasted, and now we are heading straight for Christmas!!!

Christmas!!!
Alright Thanksgiving is next, but we don't have family in these parts, and Matthew's at his desert training and will probebly be eating a dehydrated meal in a bag (hopefully not) but anyway, Thanksgiving is just a huge dinner (my fave) for the 4 of us, oh and can't forget Liss, Matthew's amazing girlfriend, but still Thanksgiving is great and all, but my true excitement about Thanksgiving, other than my "Mom's Apple Pie To End All Apple Pies," and gorging myself, is I decorate as soon as the table is cleared for CHRISTMAS!!

I love Christmas, the music, tv shows, caroling, decorations, seeing people shopping, (not the mean pushy ones) making gifts, Christmas Eve mass all glowy in candlelight....

Christmas also brings, and I hate to say it STRESS!!
Every year I say I won't be stressed at all, and I try really hard, but with
orders
parties
Christmas cards
presents to make
presents to wrap
shipping them all
money to find for all of the above, I do tend to feel a little, in need of a brown bag breathing anxiety, so this is my new solution.....

For the past month,when I have been feeling a little frazzled, this is what I have been doing.....
Some people meditate, have massages,go shopping, eat (ok I do that too)
I have been carving little trees.
It's so much cheaper than therapy:)
This will be my new cure all, any time of the year for any anxiety, and perhaps I should chill out on the huge amounts of coffee I have been drinking.

No comments: