Tuesday, November 21, 2006

So Much More Than The Mall.......


I shop locally when at all possible.
Mainly to support the little shops that I would love to one day own, and because you just can't beat the ambiance that comes with strolling through the streets of quaint little downtowns, even if you are dragging your HUSBAND to yet one more shop:)
Two Sundays ago, Summerville SC was holding, "A Taste Of Summerville" and their annual "Holiday Open House". The smells were amazing of all of the local restaurants set up along the shop fronts, and the Christmas carols were playing in all of the shops. Not to mention the first thing Matt looked for, the refreshments, what treats they had!
Since moving here 4 months ago, we have been so busy getting the house in order, Hope adjusted and meeting new friends, back and forth to school,volunteering,and then I jumped right back into my business that I haven't explored our little down town as much as I have been meaning to.
We discovered the most amazing vintage shop called Marigolds, full of the most unbelievable treasures! Aprons, table cloths linens, furniture, chandeliers. I was in heaven!!!
Walking down the brick paved road in one particular section I discovered an empty store that I just can't stop thinking about. Today when I pick Hope up from school I think I will go take a peek in the window and dream of owning my own little downtown shop. xo

No comments: