Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Still Sorting and Organizing...


I wish this was something that could be rushed! I am weary from trying to figure out what to do with all the wonderful "necessaries" I've acquired over the years! The one thing that made it fun was picking out some goodies for Helena for our "Studio Swap". I sure hope she can use the items I am sending her! Note I said..."...am sending" because I must state that at the last minute I thought of something else to stick in her box that I hope she will like and will give her much enjoyment! *giggle giggle* Now it is ready to send in the morning! I'll get my package before her, but I think I'll wait to open it until she gets hers and we can open them on the phone together. Fun!!!

The shelf in this photo was given to me by a friend. It has been painted several times over the years as one can tell by the chipped paint. I cannot, however, bring myself to paint over it. So for now it will stay this shade of green with the brown of the wood and the pink and white and yellow paint peeking through here and there. This setting is temporary-I want to put a white board on top of the shelf and utilize the potential storage space!

The bright pink straw bag I got on a trip to Woodstock, NY after church one Sunday afternoon. I took a whole van full of teenagers and we all had a blast! It was the first time for some of them and they wandered around for hours. I enjoyed the shoppes, the vendors, the food, the colors, the singing, the bustle on the streets...if you've ever been to Woodstock, NY you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's pretty neat! Lydia wants to go again...I'm not sure what goes on there in the winter though...we should drive up there and find out...it's only about an hour and a half from here. I'll definitely take my camera on that trip...you never know what you're going to see while you're there!

Helena- the photos of your fun day in Charleston are gorgeous! It's chilly here and I could just feel the warmth of the day and it was fun to share in your family outing!

I didn't work much in the studio today...I went to the eye Doctor for an exam. I haven't been in a couple of years! My glasses are old and my last pair of contacts were stretched to the max!!!!!!!!!! But I got good news!!!! (No...this is NOT a Geico commercial!) I didn't need to buy new glasses. He said that since I only wear my glasses when I'm at home, the prescription I had was fine. He did make my contacts a bit stronger though. My joy in it all is that I DO NOT need reading glasses!!!!!!!! I was a bit worried about that...but I am happy to say that I only had to pay for the exam and then new contacts! Talk about saving money!!!!! YAY!!! He did say that I would probably need reading glasses next year though.

Sooooooo, on a happy note and feeling wealthy...I drove to AC Moore and bought some wonderful smelling Banana Nut Bread candles, a Family Circle Easy Crochet magazine and the Holiday 2006 Stampington Inspirations magazine-which I will quickly peruse as soon as I publish this post.

Not a very creative day, but I had a nice outing with my 24-year-old son Brendt. We went to Kentucky Fried Chicken (or KFC now.) Anyway-I had a fried chicken wrap...YUMMY! I haven't been out to a fast food restaurant in a very long time...the only sadness was a stray cat that came down the hill from the very busy highway. I threw it a piece of my chicken and it promptly ate it and then disappeared afterward. I told my son I feel so bad for stray animals...I hope I don't end up like so many eccentrics-with tons of cats and dogs! The horror!!! I have 3 dogs right now, 1 cat, Lydia has a mouse and I have 2 fish. Lydia asks for more all the time, she loves animals so, but I put my foot down after rescuing the last little chihuahua we have...NO MORE PETS!!! Those little pooches can live to be 20 years old! If I can get them to sit still, I'll post some pictures in the future!

No comments: