Sunday, November 05, 2006

I've Been Busy...



I've been working and working on my studio. This is such a bad time of year to do it, but I've been waiting so long to get it going that I can't wait anymore. So, I've been sorting through tons of stuff trying to get it organized (as if that's ever gonna happen!) I've come to terms with the fact that I probably have some sort of disease. If I see something on the ground I think I might use someday, I save it. If I see a wrapper or piece of paper, I save it in case I do a collage and it might fit. I save all my paper scraps. And I have collected so many old books for ephemera over the years that I don't think it's humanly possible to use all the pages in them. But I'm gonna make it all fit-I AM!!

I've got one more wall to cover with shelving...about 3 short shelves and wall shelving over top of them...and (hopefully) then, I should have enough to hold what's in my studio right now. I do have stuff in my basement too that's piled up at the moment because my son Jordan's band jams there for the winter, but I'm not dealing with that right now. Blah, Blah, Blah...I'm sure this ranting is not fun for you to read...but that's how I feel while I'm trying to organize...monotony!! Only because I was not born organized...and I want to read all the copies of "Victoria" I haven't seen in a year and I want to browse through all my Christmas magazines for inspiration.

But the wall I'm showing you is just a tidbit of better things to come. I hope to have lots of creative time in my own little studio. It is sort of like when I was a girl and had my very own room to set up however I wanted. I'm being very, overly picky in here, but I want it pretty and functional.

I have other photos to share that I've taken on the quiet mornings and events of the days that have passed in my absence. I'll post them during the week when I need a break from organizing.

I love Helena's photos of Charleston! Wow, how beautiful! I will come visit someday!! Angie, my sister, told me yesterday she thinks we need to plan a visit down to see her! I agree!!

No comments: