Sunday, November 05, 2006

Fall In The South


When we moved to South Carolina from New York we thought we would give up the fall and beautiful leaves.
Seeing that we were gladly giving up our snow blower we decided that was a trade we would have to live with.
On a field trip the other day with Hope's class I had to stop and snap this photo of the beautiful fall leaves along with the Spanish Moss that is the epitome of the south.

yesterday we spent most of the day planting bulbs in the cool fall weather, and recuperating from Hope's sleepover.
We planted 120 Daffodils, Callalillies, Iris, Hyathinths about 250 in all. Hopefully the southern squirrels are more compassionate to my aching back than the NY species were, they dug them up as soon as I went in the house, no matter what I did to stop them.
If you have any remedies to keep the squirrels away I would love to hear them.

Happy fall ya'll
xo

No comments: