Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I Need A Vacation...




Well, my Loves...I'm home. We pulled in about 2 a.m. Monday morning and rushed to get to sleep. The trip takes a good 16-18 hours, depending on how the traffic is flowing. The older kids headed home Thanksgiving night so it was only Dave, Lydia and I on the way home. Lydia had the way back seat of the mini-van all to herself. She was lovin' it! As for me, I sat up front in the passenger side seat with a chihuahua on my lap. No matter what I could not get Mr. T to lay all by himself on the center seat. He is the funniest dog. He's always making us laugh. Unfortunately I was not laughing after so many hours of cuddling a fiesty puppy. He was good, he slept, but it was the holding. The hours and hours of holding.

Well, that's enough about that. I am totally wiped and probably will be for days. This fibromyalgia has a way of kicking your behind...and there's not a thing you can do about it. I need a spa treatment. Really. The only way to describe fibromyalgia is like having the flu without vomiting. Gross, I know-I think I need a pain management class. It's all about coping-and cope I do.

Enough about that...the building's the thing. The photo above shows it at an angle and it's ours all the way to the corner. We even have a parking lot!

Oh yes, I did enjoy visiting my family. Visiting and breathing large amounts of plaster dust and coal dust. Then spending the rest of the evening coughing and blowing our noses. Ewww!!!

We bought this building earlier this year. I know how ridiculous it seems, I live 1000 miles away. What am I, nuts??? It seemed like a good idea at the time. So, whenever I go to visit my family now, it's between knocking out walls and plaster and lathe and exposing brick and shoveling and sweeping...over and over again.

We managed to make some progress this time. The part of the building that will be the coffee shoppe is just about done being torn apart. The last thing we have to do is move the existing bathroom.

We also exposed a wall of brick in the west side room that will be the gift shop. Just way too many things. Dave said the electric needs to be addressed right away in there.

Having Dave there was a great asset. He's known for his ability to fix anything. And he did what he could. I have to give him credit. He'd never seen the inside of the building at all until last Saturday. I thought I'd be in big trouble, but he didn't yell at all. He only said, "We are two entirely different people, Red." I thought it went very well...considering.

For some reason, I can't upload more than what you see here. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. I hate being html challenged...grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm still cranky, I'm going to bed.

This week will begin the transformation to Fairy Land...Remember Fairy Christmas...I have planned a cookie swap and ornament sale. Invites will go out this weekend. How fun!! And now that I've found Matthew Mead...well, it'll be a blast. Did Helena mention that he actually wrote to us? How neat-o is that!!! Like...WOW!!

Have to much to share!

Oh yeah, Helena...you are so sweet my friend! It's good to be back!! x0

No comments: