Monday, November 27, 2006

On Their Way.....


What a fun weekend we had, too bad they go by so fast.
We had my oldest son Matthew's wonderful girlfriend Liss with us for Thanksgiving, she is so much fun and fits in so well with our crazy family.
We actually set our alarms early and ventured out on dun dun dun...."Black Friday".
We weren't at the opening of doors to see the crazed bargain hunters, but got there an hour afterwards. We went only because I had never been and thought it would be fun, which it was. Since there wasn't anything on my list worth elbowing anyone for it was fun just to shop, and that's what we did, mainly toys on Hope's list. It was still dark when we went in, and the birds were singing when we came out. 4 stores and done by 10:45am now that's not so bad.
We played the rest of the weekend, went to a playground,gorged at Olive garden (I need to get back to walking, or perhaps running!)
I finished these fellows above.They were a special order for a wonderful customer turned friend (Zoe)I carve them out of vintage wooden sewing spools and miraculously they become Santas!
I still don't know how to post a picture in the post, if anyone would like to offer their wisdom Glenda and I will be so grateful!
Ok, off to serve my homemade turkey soup to Hope, she is home with a cold today poor thing.
Oh, Glenda returns from her trip to IL to visit family today, hooray hooray! She was doing demolition work on her building aka soon to be gift shop and coffee shop. She exposed the brick wall, I love brick and I just can't wait to see pix!
xoxox Helena

No comments: